Friday, March 6, 2015

Taking my time-Tip toe through the tulips!


You've seen the 15 minute version of this card.

My dear friend Chris' birthday deserved a bit more.
The background is paper inked by wiping up my desk.

At first I ungrouped everything, turned the circle into an oval and spaced the tulips around the oval.
On the mat.

The look was too symmetrical for my taste,  so I manipulated the tulips to look more hand drawn.
Metallic threat is woven through the outer cuts and a sequin added.
The little corner tulips were gold, colored with alcohol ink.
( I think they are bells, upside down!)

Stamp the sentiment in VersaFine Sepia and heat emboss clear.

Yes, it took awhile to create this card, and how long does it take to make a friend?
There is so much you can do with what you have!
Happy Birthday Chris!

Comments and Questions Welcomed!


No comments: